The students can select elective courses from the list of elective courses offered for the programme. Specialization depends on the number of electives opted by the student in a specific area. Students will have to opt for four elective courses in the fourth trimester, four electives in the fifth trimester and two electives in the sixth trimester.
The students will have the option of auditing additional courses in any one of the specializations. Audited courses will not be considered for computing the CGPA.
Curriculum, List of Courses and Syllabi
The MBA programme will have a curriculum, list of courses, syllabi and course plans approved by the Academic Board for Management Programme (ABM).Courses are categorized as Core Theory (CT), Electives (EL), Projects(PR) and Internship (IS)
Courses and Trimesters
- Trimester 118 credits – Six Core courses (CT)
- Trimester 218 credits – Six Core courses (CT)
- Trimester 321 credits – Six Core courses (CT), Three credits earned for softskill in the first three trimesters.
- Trimester 418 credits – Two Core courses (CT) and Four Electives (EL)
- Trimester 522 credits – Two Core courses (CT), Four Elective courses (EL),and Project in an area of specialization (PR)
- Trimester 618 credits – One Core course (CT) and Two Elective courses (EL),Comprehensive project (PR) and internship credit earned between 3rdand4thtrimester (IS)
Three (3) credits for each of the 23 courses in the core segment, each of which having three hours of instructions per week.
Three (3) credits for each of the 10 elective courses of specialization, having three hours of instructions per week. The elective courses will be offered based on students’ options, subject to the condition that the number of students opting for an elective course should be at least 10 or 15% of the total students admitted to the programme, whichever is higher. The specialization areas offered are Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Information Systems and Operations.
Three (3) credits for soft-skill course spread over the first three trimesters, with internal evaluation in the first two trimesters and an exam in the third trimester for grading.
A two-month summer internship in an organization in between the third and fourth trimesters is part of the programme with three (3) credits. The credit is accounted in the sixth trimester.
Four (4) credits for a project carried out in an area of specialization during the fifth trimester.
Six (6) credits for a comprehensive project which will be organization based to be completed during the sixth trimester. Evaluation of the project will be based on a report, presentation and viva-voce.